Growing up, “Glow Sticks” were about the coolest thing ever, after Atari of course! The other night I was working on the facebook page for the blog (If you haven’t liked it yet go and like it here!) and I came across the coolest post. It was from Sweet Art Supplies, they had actually “shared” it from lil blue boo and I was awestruck, how had we never thought to pop them open?!!?!
Green Jar was cut open then poured in, cracked just at the end to get the rest out. The blue jar was cracked entirely, shook and then poured in.
Please pardon the awful pics. The crackberry isn’t so great with the closeups and the laptop is still getting worked on so I can’t upload pictures. (Oh how I miss my laptop!)
Spaced out a bit
I tried doing it a few different ways. Added water, added ice, shook, didn’t shake, cracked didn’t crack. The winner was just cutting the top and pouring it in. And then cracking the remaining glowing love in the stick until it pours out and into the jar. Regardless of your stick emptying method, just remember to shake the jar well once it is tightly closed.
Entirely cracked and poured in, the first trial
Ice is not a good thing to add!All of these were done with one stick at a time, I didn't mix any colors, but that would make an excellent project to do with your kiddies!!! Last night I made glow jars with Taylor and Olivia and they loved them. Although Olivia enjoyed them more than Taylor did, but she's also a little older.Water isn't so great either!
I keep all glass jars that I use (rather than tossing or sending them to the recycling plant. They come in handy for all sorts of things, (Overnight Oats, soup or sauce leftovers, rice storage) but if you don’t have any you could just go to your local Agway or Farm store and pick up some Ball Canning Jars.
This is a super easy and safe craft for kids. And just in time for Halloween!!! You could easily tie a string or ribbon around the lip of the jar (Or glue it around lid) for easy carrying. It’s a fantastic alternative to candle lit walkways as well, and much safer than open flames. And unlike “fire” kids can handle it themselves!!