Spring may have just begun, but Summer is right around the corner! And that means Summer foods; salads, grilling, BBQ, all my favorites! I love dishes that are simple and delicious. And also, because this time of year tends to get really busy for me, if it can be made ahead and hold for a few days, well I am not above admitting how awesome that is!
This recipe I (yes little ole me) invented myself! Yes, all me, and I am quite proud of it! The idea came from a similar salad I got at Hannaford Supermarket. After the first time I had it, I was like WOW, how had I never thought of this?!? BUT theirs had blue cheese in it (yuck), a REALLY weird aftertaste, and a long list of weird ingredients. I knew I could make a better version of it from scratch, and not to toot my own horn but I nailed it!
This recipe makes a LOT! A perfect amount if you need to bring a dish to a summer party, or for dinner for the family. It can be made well ahead and kept in the fridge, and it is really filling. It would go great with a green salad or some corn on the cob, you will not have room for much else. This recipe is so easy. Seriously so easy that the “most difficult” part was chopping celery.
I peel my celery, always do, but you don’t have to if you don’t want to. If you have any questions about celery peeling, feel free to ask me! I highly recommend doing it. Mr. Metz, the President of the CIA, taught me to do it years ago, and I’ve never gone back to unpeeled celery since. Also I bought the carrots pre-shredded. This saved me a lot of time. If you opt for this, I would recommend maybe just chopping them up a bit. I didn’t, and I do think I should have because they were much bigger than the other items in the salad.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1lb Radiatori Pasta
- 1 1/2lbs Chicken chopped up (about half a rotisserie)
- 2 Cups (9 oz) Chopped Celery
- 3 Cups Shredded Carrots (10 oz bag)
- 3 Cups Ranch Dressing (I use Hidden Valley)
- 3/4 Cup Franks Buffalo Sauce
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain the pasta, but don’t rinse. I NEVER rinse my pasta!
- Pour on the ranch and buffalo sauce and stir to coat the pasta, set aside in the fridge and allow to cool
- Add in the celery, carrots , cheddar and chicken and stir till combined.
- Serve and enjoy!!!!