I know what you are thinking…. “Jessica has lost her marbles!!” I promise you, the marbles are right here in my hand! I’m not crazy, but after you try this you will be forever wondering why no one thought of this sooner~~
Confession; I HATE leftover pasta! As in, I loathe even the smell of it. It’s rubbery texture, weird flavor, and dryness are like nails on a chalkboard to me. It’s just wrong on so many levels. And then Spaghetti bread happened and my life was changed forever.
It is quick, easy, and most of all delicious. Plus of course it gives leftovers a complete makeover so you don’t feel like you are eating the same thing over and over again. (YUCK)
Super simple, all you need is a half pound of leftover pasta with sauce on it, some mozzarella cheese and what ever add ins you want. I like meatballs, pepperoni, chicken cutlets, peppers, anything you want! Oh and of course grated cheese and garlic grinder or powder. Follow the directions below and you will be SET, not to mention being the hero of the household for at least a week!
- 1 package pizza dough or bread dough from the grocery store
- 1lb Mozzarella
- 1/2 lb leftover spaghetti and sauce
- any add ins you like. Meatballs, sausage, pepperoni, veggies, anything at all!
- Olive Oil (a tablespoon or so)
- Grated Parmesan
- Garlic Powder or Grinder
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat over to 375°
- Roll out pizza crust or bread dough
- Place the 1/2lb of sauced up leftovers in the center of the dough
- Place your add ins evenly throughout the pasta
- Cut slits in the dough about 1 inch wide up along the sides of the dough (see pictures) leaving the ends whole
- Fold each end of dough over the pasta (see pictures)
- Fold strips of dough tightly over the pasta in a criss cross fashion (this keeps the pasta super moist!) (see pictures)
- when finished, brush the top of the loaf with olive oil
- Then sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and grated parmesan
- Bake for about 45min to an hour or till golden and delicious!
- IMPORTANT!!!! After removing from the oven let it sit and rest (and cool off) for at least 10 minutes!! Trust me, it’s worth the wait!