Do you find yourself with “boring” leftovers? Give them a “taste-over” by turning them into an entirely new dish!
Be sure to leave any of your own ideas in the comments section below and I will add them to the lists! If you have any questions or something not posted here and you need some inspiration leave it as a comment on this page, or post it to my facebook wall, and I will think of a way to reinvent it!
Ground Beef (Hamburgers or cooked ground crumbled or chopped up)
- Add to pasta sauce for a meaty sauce to top pasta with, or use for a meaty baked ziti.
- Season taco style and make tacos, or top nachos with it!
- Top a pizza dough, along with some ham, bacon, and pepperoni for a meatlovers pizza
- Make sloppy joes and serve on a bun or over rice
- Use in a chili
- Make hamburger soup
- Add to rice and tonato sauce (plain) and stuff peppers with it, cover with cheese, bake and volia, stuffed peppers!
- Slice into thin strips and use in a stir fry, or beef and broccoli, and serve over rice
- Cut into small chunks and use for steak nachos
- Cut into mouth sized pieces and use in a steak chili
- Cut into chunks, add to pizza dough with alfredo sauce and potatoes for a delicious white pizza
- Cut into bite sized pieces, and use in a quesadilla
- Thin slice and use in Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches. Just add sauteed onions, cheese and a hoagie roll!
Roasters, Breasts, Thighs or Legs (meat pulled off the bones, and shredded or chopped)
- Chicken salad
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cheesey broccoli rice casserole
- Season with taco type seasonings and use for chicken tacos or chicken enchiladas
- Top with Mozzarella for Chicken Parmesan
- If they are already Chicken Parmesan, slice and add to pasta and sauce for a Chicken Parm Baked Ziti
- Slice and add tobalsamic dressed mixed greens and roasted red peppers for a delicious salad
- Top with bacon and pepperjack and put on a roll with ranch for a yummy sandwich
Steamed, Roasted or Grilled
- Gently reheat in the microwave, toss with fresh pasta, a little olive oil and grated cheese for a quick and easy dinner dish.
- Use the 3step breading method and pan fry (1/4″ oil in the pan) for a REALLY delicious appetizer or snack.
- Spread goat cheese on a tortilla wrap, place the veggies in the center, drizzle vinaigrette atop it all and roll it up wrap style for a healthy and delicious lunch! (you can also add lettuce between the cheese and veggies)
- Roll out pizza dough, spread (or spoon) on ricotta, add veggies, roll up like a stromboli, or fold over like a calzone, egg wash, bake and volia! You have a Veggie Stromboli or Calzone! Broccoli cheese is my favorite!
- Make a veggie pizza
- Toss with buttered orzo
- Add to rice and stuff into half of an acorn squash and bake
- Use for a veggie stir fry and serve over rice
- Toss with pasta, cheddar and vinaigrette for a pasta salad
- Spaghetti: Using frozen bread dough, or pre-made pizza dough, and some chunked up mozzarella you can make it into “Spaghetti Bread” and if you have meatballs, cut them up and add them in too!
- Hot Dogs: Scrambled Eggs and Dogs
- Stale Bread: Cut into cubes, toss with olive oil salt and pepper and bake at 325 till golden brown
- Ham: Toss in a slow cooker with a bag of white beans, or split peas, 6 cups of water, salt, pepper, and a few handfuls of carrots for a hearty ham and white bean soup.
- Shred corned beef for Irish Spring Rolls
- Chicken soup: bring to a boil, make drop dumplings, and then with the thickened soup that is leftover make chicken pot pie!
- Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes: Spread potatoes on bread, and top it with thinly sliced meatloaf for tasty meatloaf sandwich.
- Rice: Add some tomato sauce (plain) and some veggies of your choosing and make stuffed peppers